Monday, March 26, 2012

Tenzin: Day one reflection and pics

This was my first time going to the California Academy of Sciences and it was amazing! I loved going into the rain forest dome because it was really pretty and interesting to see the butterflies land on people. I also liked seeing the different insects that were in the habitat of a rain forest for example, toads and spiders. I also enjoyed going into the African section where they showed the different kinds of big cats like tigers and lions, but they were fake, not real, live cats. 


One of my favorite visits was going to the aquarium and looking at all the sea creatures. I have never seen such big fishes before; They were humongous! But some of them were smaller than my pinkie, which was also really cool. I saw sting ray, tiger sharks, and many other cool creatures that I have never seen before with some funky names. Seeing Clark, the albino alligator, was so cool. I heard there was an albino alligator, but never got a chance to see him. He was with a buddy, a snapping turtle. I couldn't really recognize what it was at first,so I asked Mr. Gould and he told me it was a snapping turtle. I was surprised because it didn't even look like a turtle. 


Out of the whole day, I liked the food the most! There was definitely some good food there. I got two garlic breads, two pork buns, fries and a sandwich I already packed. It was a good lunch. At the Academy of Sciences, it wasn't only about animals, but it was also about the fun and excitement of science. That it isn't boring in general. There are some good points in science.  






























































No comments:

Post a Comment