Friday, March 30, 2012

Adam: Reflections


Day 1: The first day of the week on Monday, May 26, 2012, we went to the academy of science museum. On that day we met at Daly City Bart at 8am. I was almost late that morning because my alarm was set on 7:20pm instead of am. Luckily I woke up at 7:38am. I rushed showering and getting dress and getting to the Daly City Bart. We took two busses that lead to our destination. We arrived a bit early so we had to wait outside for a bit. When we finally entered, we looked at some sharks and fishes. Then went to see the pendulum, and then went to the rainforest. It wasn’t time to head into the rainforest yet so we went to go visit Claude, the albino alligator. The other alligator bonnie, also an albino alligator, died a few years ago.  After killing a few minutes, we went to the rainforest. We waited in line for about 10minutes. When we got to the front of the line, we entered this gate. The temperature was very humid. We were in this dome filled with many creatures. They varied from insects to amphibians, to ground animals, to birds, to animals from the sea or fresh water. After coming from the rainforest, we went to grab some lunch. The prices for their for in the cafeteria was ridiculous. It was way overpriced. So what happened was, was that Katherine Montenegro and I decided to split a lunch. We chose the gumbo rice and chicken. After eating, we went to go check out the penguins. After seeing the penguins we regrouped and left the place. We tried to enter the museum across the street named De Young Museum. But we found out that they were not open. My girlfriends dad works there, and I asked him on Wednesday night why they weren’t open. He told me that they do not open on Mondays. So we had a little free time for a bit before we left to head back to Daly City Bart.

Day 2: On Tuesday the 27th, we went to the Exploratorium. That day I also woke up late because I forgot to turn on my alarm on this time. But luckily again I woke up, but was also almost late again. But I made it on time before the class left. We took the same bus we took on Monday to get to our destination. That day was very windy and cold. When we arrived to our bus stop, we had time to spare before they opened. So what our class did was explore around some buildings and domes around the museum. Then we headed to the place already because the kids were complaining that it was cold and wanted to be somewhere warm. While some of the kids went in, some of the kids stayed out and got to the swans and ducks. There were two beautiful swans. One swan swam close to us, so I stuck my foot out. The swan kept biting my foot, it was pretty funny.  Then we all went inside with the rest of the group. We waited in line for them to open. The first place we went to was the tornado. This was the spot we all met at. Mr. Gould talked to us for a bit before letting us go and do whatever we wanted in the Exploratorium. I went around the whole place just playing with things. To be honest, I was really bored. I felt like this was only fun for little kids because I was not enjoying it, and there was a bunch of elementary kids running around having fun while a few of my friends and I were just chilling in the jukebox room because it was that boring. Then after about 2 hours, it was lunch time. The food there was also overpriced. It was expensive. I didn’t want to buy anything because nothing there was not worth my money. After we ate we had about 30 minutes of free time, then we left. Took bus home, and split from Daly City Bart.

Day 3: Went to Daly City Bart at 9am. We bussed to the aquarium at pier 39. I saw many sea creatures, none that caught my attention. I wanted to see rare, deep sea creatures, but they just had the general sea animals. After going through 3 floors of sea animals, we left. Then we had free time for an hour to explore and grab lunch.  My friends and I stopped at McDonalds, and when we walked in, there were four ladies dressed all fancy like they were going to a fancy dinner. They also brought their own table cloth, brought their own utensils, own plate, and their own vase filled with water and flowers. I wanted to ask what the occasion was, but they had left before I got to ask. Then we gathered at a certain area so we could hop on the street car and take muni back to Daly City Bart.

Day 4: As always we meet at Daly City Bart in the morning. Our plans for that day were to go to the San Francisco zoo. We took one bus and walked a block. We saw many animals we would never see around this area. It was interesting to see animals from different places around the world. They didn’t have my favorite animals though, a turtle. We had lunch at the cafeteria; stay for about another 30minutes, then left to head back to Daly city.

No comments:

Post a Comment