Friday, March 30, 2012

Jeriden: Reflections


Jeriden Villegas

Science Museum in the Bay Area Interim

Day 1 - California Academy of Science
Day 2 - Exploratorium
Day 3 - Aquarium of the Bay
Day 4 - San Francisco Zoo

In the first day, March 26, 2012 the group went to the California Academy of Science. It was my first time being in the California Academy of Science and being there in the first time of my life was such a great experience. Seeing how it really is being in the rain forest, how it’s so humid and hot and how beautiful it is to be in the rain forest. It was also a great experience seeing different reefs, fishes, and everything that you don’t normally see in everyday life. My favorite part of the trip was just seeing everything that I haven’t seen before. My least favorite part of the trip was the transportation. I never really taken the bus before and I will never use public transportation.
            In the second day, March 27, 2012 the group went to the Exploratorium. For me I think Exploratorium was the best place we went to. We got to try out stuff that people discovered and we got to be in places where people can’t be in. We got to be in the sound room and hear different types of sounds and how it makes the sound.  My favorite part of the trip was the cafĂ© in the Exploratorium because it was good but it was too expensive. My least favorite part of the trip was again the transportation because it was too crowded and people really smelled.
            In the third day, March 28, 2012 the group went to the Aquarium of the Bay. It was great to see different types of sea creatures and be able to touch them. Though the Aquarium of the Bay was small, it was great to just be in there. After we went to the Aquarium of the Bay, we had ourselves free time so we just roam around Pier 39 and Fisherman’s Wharf. The people I was with went all the way to Fisherman’s Wharf and looked for food. We bought ourselves Onion Rings and Chips, Calamari and Chips, and also especially McDonald’s. My favorite part of the trip was basically just roaming around and doing our own stuff. My least favorite part of the trip was again the transportation. The bus we were in was crowded, an old lady rolled in my foot and didn’t care at all, and people I was standing with or sitting with smelled.
            In the last day, March 29, 2012 the group went to the San Francisco Zoo. The last time I’ve been there was elementary and being back in Zoo felt really different. Everything changed in the Zoo and they had more animals. We got to see every animals in the Zoo and we got to feed some of the animals. My favorite part of the trip was seeing the monkeys. There was a pack of black monkeys and we saw the monkeys looking at each other’s butt. We saw one of the mom of the monkeys picking its sons butt for lice or for poop and the mom started eating the thing it found in the butt of its son.  My least favorite part of the trip was again the transportation. I will never ever use public transportation. That is why I drive but I can’t for this interim because im a student! -.-‘

No comments:

Post a Comment