Friday, March 30, 2012

Jennifer: Reflections


Jennifer La
Mr. Gould
Interim
March 30, 2012

The Academy of Sciences was really interesting. Once we walked in the door, we immediately noticed stingrays and fish. Everything in the Rainforest Dome was really beautiful! There were spiders, butterflies, and many other interesting creatures. Despite being very humid, the scenery was amazing. I am very scared of flying creatures, so when a butterfly came near me, I screamed in terror and ran. That was definitely an experience to remember. In addition, we went on the roof and noticed that the roofs were made of grass. There were many different types of birds on the roof, and by turning a crane, we could hear bird sounds! The trip to the Academy of Sciences was very memorable.

The next day, we went to the Exploratorium. Near there was the Palace of Fine Arts. The buildings were very professionally built and many monuments were there. By standing in the middle and clapping, six to eight echoes were created. There were also many beautiful flowers. Once we went into the Exploratorium, we noticed many exhibits that required hands-on experiments. An exhibit that was interesting in particular was the Hot and Cold Coils. Feeling the sides of the coils, the coil was cold. But, once I felt the middle, my hand immediately felt hot. Other exhibits in the Exploratorium also caught my eye. Later, we went to the Music Room in the Palace of Fine Arts. The room was triangular, and there was an instrument in the room. I learned that sound can be detected without using the ears. A balloon even vibrated with the sound waves! It was really weird how the sound from the instrument drowned out once we ducked to a particular spot. I learned many different things in the Exploratorium.

On the third day, we went to the Aquarium of the Bay at Pier 39. We went through a tunnel where different kinds of fish surrounded us. I noticed two fish that were familiar. They looked like the same type of fish in Finding Nemo! I saw “Nemo” and “Dory”, and that was really interesting. There were also jellyfish and sharks. We left the Aquarium of the Bay with paper hats. Because of the extra time, we were free to roam for a while in Pier 39. I went to different kinds of stores, such as a candy store and a sock store. Everything was really unique there. I even got to see the sea lions. The third day was definitely a fun-filled day.

Lastly, we went to the Zoo. In the Zoo, we saw tons of adorable animals, such as penguins and ostriches. I also saw an eagle, an owl, and a grizzly bear.  I got the chance to see the cutest animal in the world, a meerkat. The meerkat was perched on a rock, and it looked amazing.  Never in my life had I seen an animal as cute as that. Then, I went to the gift shop and saw cute stuffed animals. I am glad that my interim ended with going to the Zoo, and I know that this was an incredible experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment