Friday, March 30, 2012

McCaine: Reflections


Reflections
McCaine Lacsamana
Day 1: Academy of Science
            When we went to the Academy of Science I wasn’t really excited. But when I went in I saw some really interesting things like the huge whale skeleton. I never saw one until then it was amazing. The best part of the Academy of Science was the rainforest, even though it was really hot in there I experienced how it is to actually be in a rainforest. It was somewhat funny to see the butterflies land on people and they would get scared. Overall I think that the café topped it off, the food there was just fantastic, even though it was really expensive, it was still so good. I had spaghetti and then chicken n chips. The rest of the day we went to the Africa part. I liked seeing all those animals. I didn’t expect them to have live penguins in there. I felt sad because they have no space to swim around. When we traveled all the museum we explored outside and had free time. Me and my friends just walked around until we had to meet up by the fountain. It was a really chill day.

Day 2: The Exploratorium
            I’ve been to the Exploratorium once but that was a really long time ago. Before we even went inside the Exploratorium, we explored the giant dome outside. In the middle of the dome was where you can get up to 6 echoes. We took turns on making echoes in the middle; I haven’t heard that many echoes before. Once we got inside the Exploratorium, I started to remember everything. I remember the tornado like I went there yesterday. But this time, it was a little different, because last time I was there you were able to run in a circle then the tornado would appear but now the tornado is already there. I really liked the sand part of the museum, because it’s fun to play with sand. I also remember the cow eye dissection. It wasn’t really that gruesome to me. The other thing that I found interesting was the room where it was all black and white. I kept questioning myself why it had no color. I looked at my shirt which should’ve been red and black, turned into black and white. The Exploratorium was unexplainable.

Day 3: pier 39 the aquarium of the bay
            I really wanted to go to the aquarium of the bay because it’s in pier 39 and I have always liked it there. But since it opened at a later time, some of us went to Noah’s Bagels and some of us went to Starbucks just to kill time. I went to Starbucks and got a double chocolate chips frap, it’s my favorite drink in Starbucks. After we all got our drinks and bagels we went over to catch the bus that goes to pier 39, that bus was really crowded. When we got in the museum I remember touching the sting rays and the sharks and starfishes. I remember how weird they felt like. They felt slimy and gross. After looking at all the fishes we had free time to walk around. Me and my friends went to the mirror maze and had lots of fun. After lunch we started to walk back. This was the best day of the whole week in my opinion.

Day 4: The Zoo
            I was really excited to go to the zoo, but not too excited about the smell of the zoo. I expected it to be really gross smelling. First we went to the penguins because Mr. Gould wanted to see them feed them. I wasn’t looking forward to waiting on them but it was okay. After Mr. Gould gave us a meeting point, I, Dana, Paloma, and Jared went to see the monkeys first because they were closest. It was interesting to see how many different kinds there are. Then while we were watching the monkey, some worker at the zoo started to explain how one of the types of monkeys uses their tail as a hand. I saw it, and it grabbed onto the fence and started climbing everywhere. I also saw some monkeys picking off the bugs of each other, kind of like cleaning their fur. After that we went to the petting zoo because Dana wanted to go there. I kind of did but not really wanted to. The only animals that were touchable were goats and they were somewhat gross looking so I didn’t want to touch them. After that we met up at the meet point and had lunch. The zoo wasn’t that fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment